The height reached to 9.60 m He had two main entrances to the SW and SE side, and there were two smaller ones. Over the centuries and destruction of neighboring villages, thanks to the protection offered, it became an attraction for the people of the region. The wall remained intact until 1363. The Turks, during the invasion, destroyed part of the castle and built with its stones of mosques. The destructive work continued Bulgarians, who in 1910 demolished towers and a large section of the wall which was left. Today it remains a neglected monument, remembrance of the glorious past of the city.
Service Unit: 15th Ephorate of Prehistoric and Classical Antiquities
Phone: +30 2531022411