The temple is located on the northwestern edge of the fortified hill in the area that had kept the name "Palio". In the Church of Saint George Palaiokastritou, where in 1341 John Kantakouzenos was crowned emperor, later Armenianst made their religion, until 1735, where the Armenian Church of Saint George is erected, the Surp Kevork. Today, from the rich material that was once in the church, unfortunately, only some icons have survived of 1835 and some other westernized, of style of (...)
the 19th century which need immediate maintenance. Also of particular interest are the marble well with carved decoration and the graves of prominent Armenians of the city,which are located in the courtyard of the temple.