Soufli is located in the center of the prefecture of Evros, 65 km north of Alexandroupoli. It was built on the slope of a small hill, under the shadow of the Rhodope Mountain range, near the banks of the river Evros, while the city center is just 500 meters from the river. It is also called “the town of silk”, since for decades the local economy was based on sericulture and the production of natural silk. The first seed came in 1839 from Bursa and Soufli began to cultivate silkworm(...)
in beautiful mansions that evolved later in entire industries.